Friday, October 19, 2007

Bugs N' Butterflies

















I find bugs and butterflies fascinating....there are stores around the world that sell bugs. I've even found a 'bug dealer' on the streets of SoHo...near Balthazar.
My two favorite stores are Forma di Montoro Anna just behind Frari in Venezia. The second one is in Paris...it is an amazing store.....Deyrolle. It's a gardening, taxidermy and bug store. It is such a trip and worth the trip!!!!
The 'Bug Girl' is a Paris flea market find.....a great place to find old postcards.
I tried to post the web links for Deyrolle...just wouldn't work....but here is a link with some great photos of Deyrolle. Al's link
If you Google Deyrolle....you'll find a link....it's worth checking out..........


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the top picture. The kissing girl reminds me of Mom...

BaileyZimmerman said...

That's the first thing that Paul said when he saw her.....that's Gail!!