Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tofino Botanical Garden

























The sign at the entrance was a warning to be on the lookout for bears, wolves & cougars!
We met George Patterson a Jersey boy that moved to Tofino twenty years ago and has built/planted the Tofino Botanical Gardens.
There is also a lovely cafe featuring paintings by Dawn Stofer. AND a fab little shop that sells bugs in resin....wow...did I ever chow down!! George announced that my purchase was the all time high for the recently opened shop.
Right On...Power to the Bugs!

Another Tofino note....If you are in Tofino make sure you check out Shelter.
This was by far our favorite restaurant in Tofino/Ucluelet. Start with a frozen Bellini. The best Bellini I've ever had, yes, much better than Harry's in Venice...REALLY!
Try the Local side-striped shrimp spring rolls with a perfectly balanced dipping sauce of ginger, cilantro & chili...the Halibut burger....and to finish it off...THE CHEVRE CHEESECAKE served with a blackberry compote. The folks in BC know what to do with their soft, mild goat cheese...turn it into cheesecake.
This, I crave!!

A link to Dawn Stofer's Gallery.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love the lines on the gazebo.

I had to giggle--I reread your caption a few times before figuring you probably chowed down at the cafe--not on the resined bugs. :)