Thursday, June 19, 2008

Victoria






Victoria was an amazing little city. Not only is it a very pretty city, but is was easy to navigate and park. We had such a good time exploring some very odd places. One of them is Miniature World. Paul loves miniatures...he had a great time. I was intrigued by the exit door. A link to Miniature World.


Another terrific find ....I loved this place, the Victoria Bug Zoo.
(Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on"click here to have a peek at the zoo".)
I learned so much about insects....I was surprised how long we stayed...it was fascinating!



The Victoria Harbour Ferry offered two different tours.... harbour or gorge. We decided on the gorge. It was a great way to see Victoria from the water. I loved the seaplanes...Victoria Harbour is a seaplane airport!
Check out the site for Victoria Harbour Ferry.

We stayed in Sooke about forty minutes from Victoria. While we were in Sooke we drove to Point-no-Point resort for dinner. Every table had a pair of binoculars for wildlife viewing...I spent the entire dinner watching a bald eagle....maybe not the ENTIRE dinner, I did fill those wineglasses. I had the most amazing crispy confit of duck leg with a cherry compote. #1 duck ever!!
Check out Point-noPoint.

No comments: