Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dick Vermeil and Peter King.....



Hi everyone!!
It's been awhile since I've posted an update.
Paul progress is so slow...that I'd have to say he's at a plateau.
Hey, at least he isn't backsliding. It takes a ton of effort to keep him at
his current physical level.
Mentally he hasn't lost anything...but to keep him up to par with his walking and
arm movement we have to go to five physical therapy sessions weekly.
Speech is still two days a week with his therapist Laura....and daily sessions at home...with me.
Plus all of Paul's additional at-home exercise.

Last week we went to the cardiologist.
Paul's numbers are amazing.
Cholesterol 119....blood pressure 110 over 60.
The doc said he'll live to be 100.
My number's?
Too terrible to divulge.
I may live til next week.
All kidding aside...it made me realize that I have to get back to a daily
workout. So I've been getting up at dawn to work out.
Someone has to be around to take care of Paul!

Last week we had a lovely time with Dick Vermeil and Peter & Ann King.....rounding out the group was Barbara Neibart, and Arthur Frank and Karen Robbins.
It was a fabulous feast with Dick's wines front and center.
His XXXIV, which hasn't been released, but will be shortly.....is
F A N T A S T I C !!
A gorgeous deep cherry colored wine packed with rich fruit.
Ambrosia!

Thanks so much everyone for such a wonderful show of love and support!!

I loved Peter's Monday Morning Quarterback column last week.
Great story about Brad Childress and his son Andrew.
Andrew, a Marine, is serving in Afganistan.
There are so many touching things in the column....here is
a link.

Take a minute and check out the website for Vermeil Wines.
Here is a link.


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love you. Just wanted you to know.

BaileyZimmerman said...

Kim,
You made my day...I love you too!!