Thursday, April 22, 2010

Munich...as promised








This is my all-time favorite!! Paul was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for his work covering the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich...took a rifle butt in the side of the head to get inside the Olympic Village on the day of the massacre, the only writer to make it through the barrier.

ps I just want to mention that this is a rough draft...Paul wrote it while talking to me. I haven't corrected the spelling or checked punctuation etc.
Thank you Claudio for pointing this out.....

(click on article to enlarge)

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! This is very powerful. Thank you for sharing it, Linda. Helps me feel like I know Paul better.

Giles O'Dell said...

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this! I can only imagine how difficult an experience it was to live through, and to write about it later. But Dr. Z is a great writer, and as I now understand, a very courageous and ethical journalist. I'm just one of many fans of his column (and the Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football). Maybe I'll learn something about wine some day, too. Just wanted to say season's greetings, and I know there's lots more fans like me who think about Dr. Z and his beloved Flaming Redhead, hoping for the Doc to get back to writing and wishing you both good health for the holidays and new year!

BaileyZimmerman said...

Giles,
Thanks for your kinds words!!
I'll pass along your comments to Paul!
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Linda